Be open to new things
Be open to new experiences, new information and new activities. Be open also reflects the degree of intellectual curiosity and creativity instigating your imagination. When you engage in multiples activities, you create new synaptic connections with every new activity you engage in. These connections are built on pre-existing connections, increasing the neural activity.
Explore your senses:
There are a lot of activities that help to develop both sides of your brain and explore your senses:
- Learn how to play an instrument
- Listen to music and listen to different genre
- Watch movies or documentaries
- Learn how to draw or paint, that actually activate both sides of your brain and use your creativity
- Learn how to cook a new cuisine. Cooking uses a number of senses: smell, sight, taste. Also, you learn new flavour, new combination of ingredients, etc
Take free classes. You will be amazed the number of free classes available online. Universities like Harvard, companies like Google, Coursera, Futurelearn, provide a range of extensive courses totally free.